December 17, 2014

Married for Christmas by Noelle Adams

Original title: Married for Christmas
Year published: 2013
Published by: Kindle
Number of pages: 236
First sentence: “Jessica Cameron had to propose marriage in a couple of hour, and she was a little nervous about it.”

Plot: Jessica and Daniel grew up together in a small town but it wasn’t until after Daniel’s wife Lila died that they became close friends. As a solution to both their problems they decide to get married, both agreeing that it’s never going to be a traditional marriage. But it doesn’t take long for one of them to start having feelings for the other.


My thoughts: I didn’t think I was going to like it. I only read it because it was free in the Kindle store and I’d decided to give Kindle a try. But I did like it. The story was a good one and I really enjoyed the characters of Jessica and Daniel, they complemented each other well. The book deals with a lot of emotions and a lot of difficult choices and weird conversations. Reading other reviews and the author’s note in the beginning of the book I’d expected there to be a lot of religion and that only added to my feeling that I wasn’t going to like it (I’m not a religious person, never have been and probably never will be) but there wasn’t actually a lot of that which I thought was a bit weird since Daniel was a pastor, nonetheless I was happily surprised.
I don’t usually cry when reading books, it happens more often when I’m watching a movie or a TV show, but reading this book I actually cried, I’d like to blame it on the fact that the last few weeks have been tough but I actually think it had more to do with the emotional rollercoaster going on in the book. I’m not sure I liked that emotional rollercoaster; it kept being one step forward to steps back in Jessica in Daniel's relationship and that annoyed the hell out of me. I more than once yelled (yes out loud) at Daniel for being such an ass. But it all ended very well so overall I liked this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment