December 17, 2014

Of Triton by Anna Banks (The Syrena Legacy #2)

Original title: Of Triton
Year published: 2013
Published by: Fiewel and friends
Number of pages: 246
First sentence: “My eyes won’t open”

Plot: After Emma finds out that her mom is actually a lost Syrena Princess things really get interesting. Everything she thought she knew about her parent’s relationship is wrong. And as if that wasn’t enough she finds out that the future of the Syrena monarchy lies in her hands, or rather her abilities.


My thoughts: W-O-W-E-E. This book was almost better than the first one and I just wish I had the third book at home so I could continue reading about Emma and Galen. As always Anna Banks adds humor to a book that is actually quite sad and upsetting and I’m thankful for that. Without the humor I think it would have been too much at times.
I love that you get to see more of the Syrena world in this book, both with the tribunal and the introduction of King Antonis. It almost felt as if I was floating next to Galen during the tribunal, it was great. I love how Emma handled the whole “my mother is also Syrena” thing, her constantly reminding herself to stop acting like a little kid was hilarious. Emma and Galen’s relationship also evolves during the course of this book and I can’t wait to see what’s next in line for them.
Cudos to you Anna Banks, I can’t wait to read of Neptune!

No comments:

Post a Comment