April 20, 2015

Summer 2015 re-reads/finish that series

So, I will not be working this summer, this is a choice mixed with lack of job opportunities and also the fact that I’m stressed as fuck at the moment and I don’t see that getting any better soon. But I do have plans this summer, most of which involves reading! I’ll be doing a lot of re-reads, both of series I haven’t finished and series I just want to read again. You know how it gets when you start a series and you don’t read the last book so that when you do want to read it you have to re-read the whole series because it’s been too long. Yeah, that’s what I’m going to be doing this summer when I’m not busy repainting my kitchen and my hallway (is it even called that?). So I thought I’d share which books/series it is I’m going to read and review (if I haven’t already done so). So here’s what you guys have to look forward to this summer!

Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick
-          I read three out of four books in early 2013 I believe and I got started on the fourth book, aptly named ‘Finale’ but I just didn’t feel it. But now that I’m in my complete Nephilim phase I’m dying for a re-read. So we’ll see how that goes. I haven’t reviewed any of the Hush Hush books here on the blog so if I do read them I expect there’ll be a review of each of the books.

Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
-          Same here, didn’t get through the last one. Here it was a combination of lack of interest and me being annoyed by the fact that with each book new POVs were introduced. I’m not much for different POVs , two I can deal with but four? Come one! Haven’t reviewed any of these on here either.

Vampire Diaries by L.J Smith
-          I think I read the first two out of… I don’t even know how many there are. I think I own six. But we’ll see about this. I’m not entirely sure I’ll be up for this. I tried a re-read last summer and failed miserably.

Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
-          Nerd? Heck yes! I can never read these books enough, which you can tell by the state of them. They’re practically falling apart which made me buying the white edition completely okay, right? I’m not sure I will review these. There are so many of these out there but if you guys want my take on Twilight then please let me know and I’ll gladly do it!

Syrena Legacy by Anna Banks
-          I’ve read two out three in this series and loved it. The only reason I haven’t  read the third one is because I’m waiting for it to be released in paperback, which is supposed to be happening sometime in late June I think. I’ve reviewed the first two ‘Of Posedion’ and ‘Of Triton’ on the blog when I first started it. Looking forward to ‘Of Neptune’ like crazy!

Sweet Evil Series by Wendy Higgins
-          Okay so I know I mention Wendy Higgins in like every post I write on here and that’s ‘cause she’s amazing. Anyway, the fourth and last book (or so they say, I want more) in the series is scheduled to be released on September 8th this year and I was thinking I’d do a re-read in connection with the release of that, so sometime in late August. I’m planning on pre-ordering ‘Sweet Temptation’ as soon as my budget will let me. God I hate being a poor uni student. I’m also hoping (it’s probably never going to happen, but one can hope right?) to be able to fly over to the states and be there for the ‘Sweet Temptation’ launch party on September 12th in Virginia Beach, VA. *crosses fingers*



So yes I think that that was that. Wow that was a lot of that’s, haha. Anyway I’m sure books will be added or removed before summer arrives but I just thought I’d let you guys know what to expect. Now I really need to study (boohoo). Talk to you later!

xx Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment